Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post pics of your factory RED lower dash panel please!

I want to paint my lower dash on my 1969 Mustang red like the pics of this Mustang currently on eBay. Wasn't sure if the factory ever did this, but apparently they did. It also has interesting standard door panels with wood trim I haven't seen before. Maybe, the red lower dash came with the package when you ordered the wood trim on the door panels? Or could you get the red lower dash at random depending on the factory?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Confirmed by eBay seller: "Yes it looks original paint factory"

PHOTOSHOP pic below of a red interior with red lower dash I did to see if I will like it. I think it looks good.

·
Registered
34,473 Posts
Don't put any faith in that warranty plate posted above. It's a fake, and not a very good one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stolen when new, sent to Mexico to sell? Crazy if your right. Or is it just an export warranty tag that is legit?

But the red lower dash might still be a factory original, looks like it to me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I saw that car on eBay the other day too, and it surprised me it had a factory tach. It is being sold as a Mexico-built car, which were quite a bit different than American-built cars. I have never seen an American-built ‘69 have a red lower dash, but a Mexican-built one might have. A lot of Mustang enthusiasts don’t even know they were built down there, and a lot fewer know much about how they were equipped.

·
Registered
34,473 Posts
Don't put any faith in that warranty plate posted above. It's a fake, and not a very good one.
I spoke in haste on that one. Further checking reveals it is likely authentic, although the car in question…

More photos would be nice.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Holy Crow! That Warranty Plate is no fake, It's from a Mexican Mustang!!!

OP, Do you have the Weblink to the auction from that car. I would love to see it.

Also, I believe that the pics of the 1969 GT-350 above is the one that was owned by Eduardo Vasquez, The man who headed up the Shelby Program in Mexico for Carrol Shelby. He sold his own car which he kept for decades some time in the Early 2000's..... I believe that's his car..

There was a Mustang Monthly article on the car in the late 1980's Early 1990's (I believe they ran the article again a 2nd and possibly 3rd time as MM and Mustangs and Fords often did..to fill space in the mags). The title of the article was called: "The Call from Eduardo" ... The article was excellent. Does anyone remember the article?

:eek:)

Tony K.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts