Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my buddy's 1st open track event with his new race car. Teething problems were many, including the shaft breaking on his new Edelbrock waterpump, throwing the fan into his new Griffin aluminum radiator - OUCH! http://www.gt350h.com/video/rayrace.html

http://www.gt350h.com/video/rayrace2_s.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
That looks to be a bear of a car. I too would like to witness it on a track run. Sorry about the water pump.....I take it the radiator was a total loss?

I remember your posting pics of the car during costruction. Would you give us full details, please? Was the car built from scratch with all fiberglass panels? Engine & suspension setup? I bet I'm not the only one interested. Thanks - Dickson

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He might be able to save the tanks, but the radiator core is a total loss. I found the car for him in nearby Arab, AL. It was a red on red '66 C-code 3 speed car (asking price of $500 - which I thought was TOO MUCH - i mean, this car was rough). Ray bought the car (for less than asking price). They then cut the body away from the floors saving only one quarter, roof, and windshield posts. Then, a guy who races in the Darlington Dash series built a frame chassis to fit up with the Mustang body or what was left of it.) It has a full floater rear end, toploader with hydraulic throw-out bearing, metal door shells and fenders, fiberglass hood and trunk. It is currently running a 331 stroker with TFS heads, solid cam, 3.89 rear. Look back at original link, I've added some earlier construction shots.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I'm very impressed, and jealous as well......That is one COOL car.

If I ever make it up your way to a track day, which I do intend to do whenever I get my fastback (or coupe!) "right" I hope I'll get a chance to see it in person. Thanks - Dickson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts