Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I caught the pro-touring bug and did some heavy mods over the winter (which in Alberta runs September to May :))

Here's a few pics of the mini tub, and test fitment of my 20x10 wheels. They fit very well with 7.2" BS (my rear is .5" wider than stock)

Rear suspension is a re-engineered Total Control Air link. It had to be modified to take advantage of the mini-tub.

I'm going with a 295/30/R20 rear tire and the front will be a 215/45/R18

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure will, they are coming in from Memphis. Looks to be 2 weeks away. Goodyear F1 asymmetrics

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't wait either. I had 13" of clearance so I could have safely went with a 305 tire. I do want to ride pretty low so the 295 was a chosen for some wiggle room :)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
65Fastback434 said:
Very nice indeed!! :thumbsup: Do you fab up the tubs yourself? The reason I ask is that I will be doing this in the future, and was wondering if you had a few tips
I can't take credit. A local shop did the work. The bill came out to about $1200.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
obsidianspider said:
I really like the tubs. Do the interior fiberglass side panels fit over the tubs, or will you be modifying/eliminating them?
Yes, the panels will fit and I will use them. I don't use a back seat, I fabbed a rear shelf. Under that I have all my electronics ( MSD, amps, air ride distribution block, subwoofer, circuit breakers, xtra fuse boxes etc...)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I was definitely traction handicapped. Sick of those Subaru STI's and their AWD off the line. Always tryin' to catch up :mad:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
That looks great! With those big tires in Canada, you will have no problem with winter driving conditions! ;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chatas1 said:
That looks great! With those big tires in Canada, you will have no problem with winter driving conditions! ;)
I know, I was torn. I almost went this route...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
65Fastback434 said:
Do you have any pics with the tires mounted? Im guessing you also had the fenders rolled? And did you stick with 65/66 Outer wheel wells, or did you use the 67/68's to get an extra inch and a bit of flare?
Tires have yet to arrive. I didn't have to roll the fenders to fit the tires as I have about 13" of room.

The outer wheel wells stayed stock. The shop fabbed the inner wells to maximize clearance and still keep the inner fiberglass panels.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Are you using the stock springs and gas tank? Did you remove part of the frame rail?

Looks great!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts