Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site.
Has anyone bought new 14" wheels recently?
If so can you please post a picture.
Are 14" wheels so out of fashion that no-ones running them

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Are you kidding??? People run 14's all the time... They were the stock rims.. on all mustangs...well..most mustangs anyway.

I guess your question is... What engine and bolt pattern do you have?

If you have a six banger, You'll probably go with 14's... From American Racing Rims.. Cragars, Outlaw II's, etc...

If you have a 5 lug setup like on the V8's...Then the sky's the limit! You can run just about anything!

Tony K.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't have a good pic on my car, but I picked up a set of forged aluminum wheels that were optional on '73 Mustangs for my '66. They are 14" slotted wheels, and I gave $125 for 4 wheels with wheel centers. I love the way they look. Here they are on a '73:

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Has anyone bought new 14" wheels recently?
If so can you please post a picture.
Are 14" wheels so out of fashion that no-ones running them
"New"? You have 116 posts! LOL I had 14's on mine for about 7 years.
Stan

·
Registered
485 Posts
I thought that tire choices for 14" wheels were getting pretty slim? Are they?
Depends on your point of view. Compared to the number of choices I have available for the 13x5 wheels on my Spitfire, the choices are endless.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darn it, don't you hate it when copy and paste does that. I just joined the dark side 'Mustang Forums', so I'm new to that site.

I have a V8 Coupe, I was looking for some fresh ideas for 14" wheels, I do like those Magnum 500's......now how much are they....??

·
VMF Ambassador
6,668 Posts
I've got 14"s on mine, and I love the way they look. I really hope they keep making tires to fit because I honestly feel like 15" would make my tires look too big. Plus I'm deathly afraid of tire rub (the first fastback we tested out when looking for one for me had 15" wheels and its tires rubbed so badly when turning that we almost hit someone. don't ask me how, because I still don't know! :loco:)

Anyways, here's a decent shot of mine:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts