Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody got a picture of the above? I can't believe how few of them I can find on here, in reference books, on-line, etc. I would have thought black was a more popular colour, but it doesn't appear that way.
Anyway, I'm thinking about repainting mine black, and being very "visual", I'd really like to get a better idea of what it would look like!

Here's how she looks now (in a few different versions for reference sake). Any opinions on black for this car?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
You know there is gonna be some jerk here post a pic of a black fastback instead of a coupe, so I guess I'll be him.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks Jerk! Ha!
Yeah, nice car, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
What is the original color on your car. If what you have is original I wouldn't change a thing. That is one nice ride, real clean and neat and I love the vinyl top.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I agree with tooponies, that is one sharp mustang. I like the Keystone Klassics too. My 65 GT i'm doing is originally black so that is what I plan to put it back unless I talk myself out of it. I haven't owned a black car since 1970. Black with red pony is original for it and I was thinking of adding a set of those Keystones. What ever you do i'm sure it will look fine.

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know you want pictures of coupes, but if you are going black, consider a satin finish rather than the gloss. Just a suggestion, I think it looks great (but I'm kinda biased :))

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I like a black coupe just as much as anyone else, but Man your car looks fantastic the way it is with those Keystones. I would keep it like that.

I know my coupe looks black in the avatar, but its actually Caspian Blue. Otherwise I would put up a pic of it.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I like this one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow - quite a response! Thanks, guys.
"Dude" - thanks for all of those. I did see a couple of them on my internet cruise, but was surprised that was all I found. My usual computer/internet proficiency has been exposed yet again...
Thanks for the compliments, too. It is a great looking car, but although the older re-paint still looks nice overall, it's starting to crack in a few small spots, so I'm just hashing some colour thoughts around in my head for a future re-finishing. It was originally Rangoon Red (a bright red), but repainted Royal Maroon (actually a '68 colour) in the '90s, which I think looks a lot classier with the black trim and vinyl top.
However, I've always been a big fan of Art Cairo's car, the black pre-production model custom made for Henry Ford II, with leather interior, real teak inlays on the dash, etc., and thought my car would look nice that way:

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have a few pics of my black/palomino coupe in my userCP album, check it out! (I don't know how to attach pics to the post)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I'm not sure how it would look black with the (probably different black) top, unless you're going to remove that and have the one look finish.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts