Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
632 Posts
Weird. I pulled a 200ci six out of my '65 when I built the v8. Your setup is different than what I had.

On my valve cover toward the rear 1/3, right on top, in the center is where the PCV valve was. From your setup it looks like you don't have one, or the option for one. That would more than explain the "smoke" you see after you shut down!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. To remedy this you could get a new valve cover with the diameter to run a valve and a breather... Would be fairly straight forward.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Just checked the '66 engine I have from my late daughter's car. It has the PCV grommet in the top of the rear of the valve cover. You don't appear to have one. Your car was apparently not a California car. Cars that were delivered in CA in 1965 required a PCV valve.

If you don't have one, you should have a road draft tube. Look for a black tube pointing downward with the end cut at an angle toward the back of the car. I am almost certain that is what you have. The car was most likely produced in the East and not subject to California regulations.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Are you sure this is a 200 and not a 170? I recall breathers with a provision in the top for the pcv valve. Does the rear of the carb have a 3/8 provision for hose?
The people to best answer this question is the ford six performance forum. http://fordsix.com

·
Registered
372 Posts
On my '66 200c.i., the pcv valve is on top of the valve cover near the rear. There is a hose with one end connecting to the pcv valve and the other end connecting to the carburetor spacer plate.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
A 170ci will have 3 freeze plugs on the passenger side of the block. A 200ci will have 5 freeze plugs on the passenger side of the block.
You would think there would be a road draft tube somewhere on the engine , unless he has a bastard mix of parts (200 block/head 170 Valve cover, etc.) .

Good info , I never knew a 170 only had 3 plugs .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts