Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 67 Fastback listed here on VMF, and now I know why everyone else says no picture collectors. My goodness, the response for pics is overwhelming, including Belguim, the UK and Australia (no Nigerian requests). Of the over 150 times I have responded with pics, only about a dozen people have contacted me back. I guess I thought that it would be common courtesy to respond with a thanks, but no thanks.

Just blowing off some steam. Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
OH, are you so right!
From time to time when I think, I'll quit this project and sell my Stang. You get bombarded w/ picture request. I understang wanting to see the car and all. But I feel most are just looking and gathering imformation, for their own files, etc. When I reguest picture of apart, it's mainly to see if they really have the part. But than again I look to see who is selling and look at their profile, reputation is everything. The world could use alot more courtesy, that's for sure.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
When selling over the net, I have found it to be less troublesome to pay membership for one of these free photo sites (about $20. for a years use), and upload all of the pictures to it, along with detailed descriptions and information about each photo.

This way when someone request photos, you email them the link to the photos, and if they are seriously interested they will email you back. At that point I have them call me to discuss the car. They will either call or not.

It has cut down on a lot of time & effort to sell over the net. But you never know if one of those requesting photos will be the one! ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug,

Thanks for the advice! This is my first selling on line. Now, If I can ever talk Dwayne to a reasonable price on those 10 cars.............

BTW, door panel looks super!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts