Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After negotiating the sea of shiny roadsters, bikes, muscle cars, trucks, classics, etc., etc., the local car show here was getting hot and my friend and I were preparing to leave. We walked by a local tire and oil tent display and there it was...Someone hand crafted this little 1/4 scale operating V-8 engine, complete with a blower and dual carbs.

So we waited around till they fired it up! VROOOOOOOOMMMMM!!! Man, it sounded just like a little poodle version of a top fuel dragster engine. Cammed out and everything! A guy who lives here in town spent five years constructing the engine. Everything was scratch built except the spark plugs and ignition. And it runs on pump gas!

The engine is very small, as you can see compared to the drill they use to start it. It is a complete four stroke engine with valves in head. It puts out about 12 horsepower and develops about 2 pounds of boost with the blower.

For me, it was the highlight of the car show!

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL25/910966/4461912/60332946.jpg

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
That's what I need for the JR body that I have. ::

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is another pic for you, of the other side. The box on the back of the motor is the radiator which houses two computer fans. The panel at the bottom is, of course, the control panel with the throttle, switches and gauges. The little tank on the bottom is the fuel tank. The whole engine is about a cubic foot in size....just the right size for "road-kill-on-the-web's" Mustang Juniors.....

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL25/910966/4461912/60351596.jpg ::

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
It's just too bad he used the chevy design to model it after :p So when does he unveil the 1/4 scale 351C ::

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was surprized how many Ford hot rods and roadsters had Chebby engines in them. My Ford friend and I would announce "sacrilage!!" everytime we saw a Ford with a Chebby engine! :)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
That is so awesome, I would have loved to see that in person, and hear it run. Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Someone has too much time on their hands. ::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts