Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the November issue of Modified Mustangs, there's an article on the MCA show at Concord, earlier this summer. On page 118 there's a picture of Scary, although it's really just the fender forward, with the caption "This clean, silver, 1969 sportsroof in the foreground may not have been the flashiest car at the show, but it still managed to draw a lot of attention".

The article and picture was brought to my attention this past weekend at the Bay Area Mustang Association gathering at Ironestone Winery (they were good enough, or is it foolish enough, to invite me *LOL*). I thought that was a pretty cool thing for them to write about my car.

On page 119, in the picture, if you look hard enough, you can see back of KBMWR's '67 Fastback, and the white on red stripes on the edge of Cmayna's "Red". If you look just past the fender of Scary, you can see the edge of the fendor of SacBill's "SLime".

We're all famous now!

The other cool thing about the pictures, for me, is that since I was a late model, modified judge, almost every car in the pictures are ones that I judged.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
john, got a buddy up the road here made that book. nov. issue i believe. late model like 88 or so. nice car and he races it alot. gonna bring me the book next week.very tastefully done car. and fast. racing near here at summerduck raceway. do you remember that place? gary

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I dought you were going for "flashie" when you built that car anyway, Scary is a much better description!

Congrats!!
Dave.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gmshifflett said:
racing near here at summerduck raceway. do you remember that place? gary
Don't really remember it, as I was only 21 when I moved from Northern Virginia, and only on my second hot rod, so didn't hit the racing scene out at all.

·
Administrator
19,529 Posts
Finally, a good article on the Concord show! Congrats on getting photo coverage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts