Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Picture Request: 65-66 Vert with 15" wheels

650 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TrojanMike67 
#1 ·
Like the subject says, Looking to upgrade and not sure what look SWMBO will like. I will be adding 5 lug suspension and disc brakes, so I don't think 14" rims will work (even 5 lug rims).

So if you have a 65-66 vert and 15" wheels, please post pictures.

Right now looking at Torque Thrusts and the normal 65 styled wheels.

We would just like to see a picture of a car with the wheels to help us visualize. Thanks.

Slade

#2 ·
It's not a 'vert, but maybe my pic helps. My fastback below has 15x7 SSWs, and the springs are about 1" lower than stock.

#6 ·
Why not go with 16's? Better handling in the corners due to shorter sidewall, plus you can go a little wider as well. These are 16's on mine below with 225/50/16 tires. No rubbing and the car is lowered 1 1/2". It's a real GT, so it has the front disc brakes like you want. I used to have 15's on here with 225/60/15 and the car is a lot less "squishy" in the corners now. Just a thought....

#7 ·
here is mine with 15" Mag 500s.

#8 ·
I can't remember ! :eek: I've tried to find my receipt from Tirerack.com but can't....

I do get some rubbing :( but only on hard corners. That would not happen if my body/paint guy had rolled the fenders as I'd asked....As it is, some 1/2" spacers are to be added.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.