Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we bought it last year in 2000. It had just received a fresh coat of non metallic Navajo Beige (custom ordered as per build sheet on July 5th 1967) when these pictures were taken, but was missing the pony in the front grille. There is currently a brand spankin' NOS grille in there, but I haven't had access to a digital camera lately. So, here ya go, the 2000 winner of the Best Pony In Progress, in Lodi, California.

http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/100/15/31001577.jpg

http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/100/15/31001591.jpg

http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/100/15/31001525.jpg

K

·
0 Posts
They were painting or rather taking orders for '68s in July of '67?
Do you have any photos with the sun high? That afternoon sunshine just ruined the color.

Michael G.
http://i15.yimg.com/15/7f5aebbb/h/cc7a7703/67MustFrontSpclsmall.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Please post more pictures of girlfriend as soon as possible.

Just kidding - nice looking '68. Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, the car was BUILT in July, the paint order was placed well before that. Sorry for the confusion =)

As for more pictures, currently my digital camera is, well, at the bottom of Lake Comanche after a recent fishing trip. I'll be taking more pictures soon with a buddy's digital camera and I'll get pictures of the engine bay and interior, etc.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone says that, and I plan to! =)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL thank you... Patience! =) What is a musclecar guy without his "pink girl" right!?

G

·
0 Posts
Nice Car! Looks good! Man, I wish we had that much sun here
on the East Coast!

Was Bob Emmerich on old forum

G

·
0 Posts
Looks nice!! By the way, where's Lodi,CA???

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy!!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it was 102 degrees that day, at 1:00 pm when that picture was taken.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in California... Lodi is roughly 55 miles south of Sacramento, California, our state's capital city.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey, That's a pretty unique color. Did you always know you wanted to paint it that color? I only ask because I own a 65 mustang coupe, and well I'm going to paint it the original color Honey gold. It's not even really gold, it's a light metalic green. Every one says what a waste when they hear me say I'm going to paint it the original color, I don't mind it I kinda gotten used to it ( kinda Got better Loooking after I got used to it). I just hope that after I pay $3000. for the paint job that like three months later I still feel the same way. Email me at [email protected] I still have yet to see another 65 mustang painted that same color. I've checked on the internet, books, everywhere but I've never found any pictures or any info on that color except the color code C

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah... I LOVE the color of our Mustang. I get compliments all the time. People say, "Wow, it's NOT red or black like EVERY OTHER MUSTANG that I see." That has to be the single most often received compliment ever about our Mustang, affectionately named "The Incredible Clunker." We just got new vanity plates and a license plate frame for him (my girlfriend insists on the Mustang being male, not female)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
First get a map of CA. Then find San Francisco, go east towards Sacramento then look between Sacramento and Stockton around Interstate 5.
Lodi will be right there however don't blink or you wil miss it!

G

·
0 Posts
more pics less sun, it is hurting my eyes and cant see the color that well but looks excellent!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts