Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a few pictures of my new project. Ends up is a fairly early fastback...September 21, 1964 build date. Originally Rangoon red with standard red interior. At some point someone changed it to a gold interior. Is an A code car but now has a decent running 302 engine. Currently it has no front brakes. First project will be installing disc brakes up front. This won’t be a complete restore. I want to get it on the road soon so I can enjoy it some. Wife has named it Betsy. Lol

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Nice find. I'm always impressed with an intact radio hole. Looks like you have all the difficult pieces present and some nice options to boot.

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice find. I'm always impressed with an intact radio hole. Looks like you have all the difficult pieces present and some nice options to boot.
i know right. I was excited to see the uncut dash and that someone added the wood wheel and deluxe dash pieces. That’s my only negative. I hate that I can’t get a Marti report on its options. I’m used to finding 67/68’s and having that option.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Nice find, looks pretty solid and mostly all there, which is half the battle. I like the new stable in the background as well!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Looks like a nice solid car. Congrats on your find. Have you pulled the instrument cluster to see if there is a round cut for the speedometer along the dash? I noticed the car has a GT/Pony 5 gauge cluster rather than the standard 65 falcon style cluster. If the round cutout is there, it could have been a deluxe interior or GT (build date might have been too early)? As you mentioned, the interior was changed and the doors could have been possibly swapped, hence no pony door lights? Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a nice solid car. Congrats on your find. Have you pulled the instrument cluster to see if there is a round cut for the speedometer along the dash? I noticed the car has a GT/Pony 5 gauge cluster rather than the standard 65 falcon style cluster. If the round cutout is there, it could have been a deluxe interior or GT (build date might have been too early)? As you mentioned, the interior was changed and the doors could have been possibly swapped, hence no pony door lights? Best of luck!
it’s a standard interior car per the door tag. But I’ll look for the instrument cluster hole regardless.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Nice looking car! I wish mine was that complete when I got it. Look forward to seeing progress...keep us updated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts