Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Dont care too much for the color, but I've seen a lot worse out there. Like the 68 actually on "Pimp my ride." Things I'd change would be the interior and those wheels. I dont like the look of those wheels on that particular model year... Just my two cents.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't really care for the seats. I'm sure they cost a pretty penny (pun intended), but I would replace with normal stock seats.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
For the exterior I dont mind... It's the interior that kinda bugs me. I'm not a big fan of light colors.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You know it doesn't look bad at all. Come on we have seen worse. At least he kept the exterior looking original.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Got to wonder why he put the 68/69 GT Rallye wheels on a 65. Otherwise, the exterior is pretty much stock. The interior could be "fixed" with an upholstry set and two door panels. It's a pretty nice little fastback.

Now, talking "Pimp My Ride", a local Ford dealer is putting on three car shows this summer. The first has already taken place with one each in early August and early September. The big "offer" is that they will select one of the participating cars to receive a $10,000 make-over. Problem is that the make-over will take place between shows and the owner will not have input to the process. The first time the owner sees the car is when it's unveiled at the next show. I was in the first show and I found myself praying that I wouldn't be chosen as the "lucky" winner. I would like $10K as much as the next guy, but what would the general manager of the agency (he has artistic license with the winner's car) do to my poor little vert? Monster bass speakers? One of those chameleon paint jobs? Possibly some 20" wheels? A big a$$ air scoop through the hood? I don't think so! The guy that won has a 56 Ford two door sedan and he has told me how scared he is of what will come out of the process.

·
Registered
762 Posts
My $.02...it blows. For the alleged $30K it could have been 100% concourse correct with NOS parts. The wheels are really a mistake with the interior a close second. I am not a nut on pristine originality but I had to see nice vintage rides turned into ricer wannabes. There, now I feel better.

·
Registered
193 Posts
how is this a ricer wannabe??????? this car is all tastefully done in my opinion. all of these things have been done before plenty of times and no one ever complained. and its not like anyone has never used different wheels than what was stock ::

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
WTF are you talking about ? how is that ricer in any way ?.im lost

·
Registered
8 Posts
More like "Scrimp on my ride !" I can pimp mine one for just 30 bucks ! http://home.comcast.net/~rebelbrowser/graphics/351cleveland.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~rebelbrowser/graphics/67stang0.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts