Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VMF Members and users,

I just joined this forum and would like to use the knowledge of members and users on this forum to share in my common goal to create a real legitimate website on Pink Mustangs. I have already been mentioned in Mustang Monthly NOV 2007 issue pg 20.

Request the knowledge of those who own or have documentation to share in my en devour to create a large database on this subject. Any one interested? I ask of you to get the word out on this topic. Thank You.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I think it would really be nice to have a Mustang site for each color! I'd like to
see a lime gold (green) site. "It's not easy being green"! :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can find them. That would be great. I would like to at minimum document the car being real and verify with what documents I have. You could ever have them join my site and post pictures of it and there door tag data and buck tag in engine compartment if possible. Thanks.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
VMF would be THE site for me even if I had a leopardskin finish Mustang! :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you the owner of Sure Fire Restorations? I saw a Pink 67 done on your gallery. Awesome and speechless restoration. If you know the person who had the car done and they are willing to sign up on my site that would be great.

·
Registered
532 Posts
No I am not the owner of Surefire.
Surefire's owner restores my cars.
I will forward a link to your site to him.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Just curious, are there any Mary Kay cosmetics pink Mustangs?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have heard they existed in the late 70's or Early 80's. My friend told me they did then went to Cadillac as the primary car for top sales in color pink.

I am also researching that claim also. I had it up on my site but took it down because if I can secure definite proof of the cars existence then I will not post it. I am as of today am talking with an original owner x2 of a S Paint Code Dusk Rose 67 Mustang. I will type the story up this weekend and post on 01 Jan 08 on my main page. It is very unreal that those owners out there are hearing about what I am trying to do and have sent me a ton pictures and news clippings and paint chips to build a library of knowledge for these cars. I am actually having fun doing it. I am just one man doing it buy myself with help from others who car to help me and I think them very much.

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
I highly doubt there were any Mary Kay Fords until at least the 1990s. My dad worked for Ford as a National Leasing Account Manager and was the person assigned to get Mary Kay (the person) to lease Fords for the company. Ms. Kay had a hatred for the Ford Motor Company having been treated poorly by them once because she was a single woman (divorced, I believe). She was denied credit. Because of that, she refused to ever buy or lease a Ford. My father retired around 1984. I'll check with him and see if he knows the date when the son took over and started using Fords.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love this networking. It just comes together so nicely. If you could ask and give me any info on the cars existence at all would be great. Thanks for the info greatly.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I've seen Mary Kay Buicks also. I often wondered if there was a reason they seemed
to stay away from FOMOCO. I've seen a Mary Kay color MOPAR (Mary Kay had a unique pink)
just a couple years ago, maybe someone just took a liking to the color! :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found a rare Mopar in original Pink forsale right now in Las Vegas. I am going to get in contact with that person and get info on car before it is purchased by some one else and repainted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts