Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replaced my intake gasket still leaking !!!!left out the cork end seals and use permatex sealer,oil gushing out back...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...try try again

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I forgot to pre-lube the timing chain and fuel pump cam before gluing the timing cover back on with sealant and gaskets and bolts.... ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Can you lube the fuel pump cam through the hole? Or, just goop up the lever on the pump itself? I don't recall any need for extra lube on the timing chain itself.

Might save you from tearing it apart.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hey Topless!

Yeah, I thought I'd lube the fuel pump arm. The timing chain is not new and is original, so there is probably enough oily to go thru the firing procedure.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Use a THICK bead of high-temp silicone. The bead should be about 1/4" tall. Let it set up a couple minutes, then be sure to use 4 studs in the heads to make the intake drop straight down. After you get the rest of the bolts in and hand tight, remove the studs and put the last 4 bolts in.

Should be good for years of leak free operation.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hehe!! You dont know me...with my luck I'll be cranking and cranking for days trying to figure out why the engine wont fire! :: Nothing will get lubed, just worn out!!! LOL!! Anyways, thats what ol Tom Monroe suggests to do for the pre fire sequence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts