Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m putting a new pitman arm on ‘66 289. I have the threads aligned but I can’t get it anywhere near as far up as the old one. I have about 3/4 inch until the box, and about 1/2 in of threads exposed. Pic attached (the oversized washer was just to help get it on and will be replaced with the correct lick washer). This is with it all greased up and using breaker bar to its (and my) max! I also removed powder coating from spline area of new pitman as suggested. Does anyone know if this is far enough up?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m putting a new pitman arm on ‘66 289. I have the threads aligned but I can’t get it anywhere near as far up as the old one. I have about 3/4 inch until the box, and about 1/2 in of threads exposed. Pic attached (the oversized washer was just to help get it on and will be replaced with the correct lick washer). This is with it all greased up and using breaker bar to its (and my) max! I also removed powder coating from spline area of new pitman as suggested. Does anyone know if this is far enough up?
Chock and Travis98146, thanks so much. You saved me a lot of headaches!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts