Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pits-2020-early-bird-registration-tickets-59803462767

2020 Ponies In The Smokies Presented By National Parts Depot Early Bird Package
70 Proof Early Bird Package:

1-Shine Run Card($25 dollar value)

1-Friday Car Show Entry($35 dollar value)

1-Saturday Cruise In Entry(Included with Car Show Entry)

1-Extra Weekend Spectator Pass($20 dollar value)

1-Limited Edition 2020 Shine Run T-Shirt($20 dollar value)

All For $70 dollars! These are limited to 100 entries only!

But Wait! There Is More!
For those of you wanting to participate in Wednesday's Driving Experience and Thursday's Dragstrip event, choose the "100 Proof Option" below! This gives you unlimited access to the auto cross and 0-60-0 challenge on Wednesday($25 dollar value) and to the Dragstrip event on Thursday($20 dollar value)! Bringing your total to $100 dollars.

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS

Anyone who ends up participating in The 57 Years Of Mustang Display, The SSP Reunion, or other planned special displays, you made trade your "70 Proof Early Bird Package" in for the inside display spot cost but will loose your Shine Run Card and Shine Run T-Shirt without further payment. If you've chosen the "100 Proof Option", the track events will transfer over at no extra charge.

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, I have signed up for the 100 proof package for 2020. With the unlimited access to the autocross and 0-60-0 challenge on Wednesday, I'm going to be hammering the skinny and then the fat peddles and slinging the car around the large parking lot for the autocross. I promise I'll beat that black Fox Mustang every drag race as well.

Is anyone interested in joining me? I'll also be looking for better accommodations for this one. Sleeping in the trailer with the car worked, but god forbid I'll be sick again, as that really made it suck!

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drag Day
In 2019, an “unofficial” drag day was held just up the road in Newport, Tennessee at English Mountain Raceway to see if people would be interested in an official event later. Even with the chance of weather, over 100 Mustangs showed up to take their shot down the 1/8th mile at English Mountain. The success would set the stage for “Drag Day” becoming an official event in 2020! We are still finalizing the details, but we will meet at Smokies Stadium in Kodak, TN Thursday morning for an early morning get together, then head out on a short cruise up to Newport to English Mountain Raceway for our first official “drag day”. Stay tuned for more updates as the event gets closer!

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just read, that due to the large amount of attending cars at the #PITS Shine Run party (Poker Run), they are having to move from the Quaker Steak & Lube location along the Little Pigeon River, to someplace larger! And not yet confirmed, but a stop in Gatlinburg may have been added to the Shine Run as well. This event is getting bigger every year!

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glutton for punishment. Once again, I am trying to arrange a Vintage/Classic only event, at the PITS event. If you are not in the FB group "#PITS Discussion Group", and are planning on attending the 2020 PITS event with your Classic Mustang, please check back here or PM me for more info as hopefully, an event is created.

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2020 Shine Run (Poker Run) stops have been announced. They are spreading out to the south a little more with 2 stops worth 2 cards each in North Carolina.

You can find the news here: #PITS News: 2020 Shine Run Stops

Shine Run stops are open Wednesday and Thursday. The attached image shows their location and the major roads used to get to them. English Mountian Speedway is an official PITS event on Thursday as well.

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The VMF forum claims to have just over 60k members. To the best of my knowledge, I was the only VMF member at last year's PITS event, as well as the Mustangs Invade Pigeon Forge (We ran away from Dorian/Mustang Week) event. Wait, I know my memory fails me from time to time, but there was one VMF member who stopped by the PITS show at the convention center less his Mustang. 4ocious then showed up one day during the Mustangs Invade event with his wife, and his Mustang. We then had lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant.

See, hope is not lost. If anyone wants to show up and meet, hang for a bit while I am in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge, please do get in contact with me. Meetups with other VMF'ers are definitely a priority.

· Premium Member
10,849 Posts
@69GT350H David, I would love to go and I'm sure my wife and boys would but I will have been traveling so much the weeks before (and they're going with me part of the time) we will probably need some time at home. By the time I could know, we would probably have to sleep in your car trailer and I KNOW my wife won't go for that...

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@69GT350H David, I would love to go and I'm sure my wife and boys would but I will have been traveling so much the weeks before (and they're going with me part of the time) we will probably need some time at home. By the time I could know, we would probably have to sleep in your car trailer and I KNOW my wife won't go for that...
Actually, my trailer is not that bad. A pare of cots, A/C, heat, water, frig, microwave. That is where I stayed last year. :)

· Premium Member
10,849 Posts
Actually, my trailer is not that bad. A pare of cots, A/C, heat, water, frig, microwave. That is where I stayed last year. :)
My spoiled rotten wife ain't gonna stay in it unless it has a hotel sign, at least a queen bed and a bunch of good online reviews !!

Reactions: Huntingky

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My spoiled rotten wife ain't gonna stay in it unless it has a hotel sign, at least a queen bed and a bunch of good online reviews !!
Oh, well, let me dress it up a little more then. :p

· Premium Member
44 Posts
Hey David, my wife and I will definitely be there. We are bringing the '66 and already have tickets in hand. Since we live here, we can recommend some of the newer resturants around as well.
Right now I'm finishing up rewiring it, I have a pro flo 4 efi I'm installing and hope to have the 'boot' (trunk, my wife is Australian) finished. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 69GT350H

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, that's great! and yes, I forgot about @ivygreen65 who won the outdoor show last year with his very nice red convertible! Might you be attending again in 2020? So that's what, 3, 4 of us from VMF who will be at PITS this year?

The Classic Meetup at the Shine Run (Poker Run) party is on! I have a sign to set up to mark the location in the Mountian Mile - Junction 35 parking lot for all the Classics to gather at.

· Premium Member
44 Posts
Sounds great, I'm taking off of work on the 26, 27, 28 but work on the 29. We have a daughter flying in from Australia on the 28th so either my wife or I will be going to pick her up. But we aren't doing the shine run though, sorry.

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds great, I'm taking off of work on the 26, 27, 28 but work on the 29. We have a daughter flying in from Australia on the 28th so either my wife or I will be going to pick her up. But we aren't doing the shine run though, sorry.
I'm doing the Shine Run, but don't think that I will hit the long-distance stops at this time. Last year I was solo and raced around. This year I hope to spend a little more time at the stops and enjoy the locations and the people. Thursday I will be spending much of the day at English Mountian Raceway. I'll be taking the car in the trailer so I can set up camp and have a place to get in from any weather if needed.

I arrive on March 24th and depart on April 1st, so as to have extra time to enjoy the trip.

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The VMF forum claims to have just over 60k members. To the best of my knowledge, I was the only VMF member at last year's PITS event, ...
See, my memory is going. The outside show winner was our own @ivygreen65

· Premium Member
44 Posts
@ivygreen65, @Rage wants to see about doing dinner at some point. Would be nice to have others from VMF to join us?
Yeah absolutely, we don't many opportunities talking with others with like interest. It'll be fun.
Sorry I didn't respond earlier but we had a horse die in the paddock and had to arrange getting it buried and all.

4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah absolutely, we don't many opportunities talking with others with like interest. It'll be fun.
Sorry I didn't respond earlier but we had a horse die in the paddock and had to arrange getting it buried and all.
Sorry to hear about your horse. My daughter has one in Gainesville.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.