Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the winter is comming. I wont be able to drive the Mustang anyway, So I mise well finish up the restoration. The engine is still making a very annoying noise. Im planning to pull it and go through it, possibly putting a new shortblock together and having my present heads re-build with larger valves and some home porting work. Im thinking of going with the comp cams 270H cam shaft. On the intake valves I wanted to run something around 1.94, 1.60. Also, I think my flex plate may be bad or un-balanced. This will be fixed as well, and Im going to put a shift kit in the C4. While the engine and tranny are out, Im going to pull the rear end, and put a Traction Lok with around a 3.50 ratio. Also, my rear frame rails are in need of repair so Im going to tackle that as well. The plan is to have the car put back together by next spring. Any tips you guys can offer on not scratching my new paint job pulling the engine and tranny? Thanks........

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
1. Take the hood off and store in a very safe place.

2. Although it comes out with it attached, .the engine comes out a whole easier with the tranny dropped from underneath.

3. Lotsa big thick comforters

1 - 2 of 2 Posts