Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe somebody out there can help me on this one. I want to have my bumpers/mounting hardware and some of my interior chrome parts replated with chrome. I've heard it is less evpensive to have parts rechromed, and if not then it's less of a hastle than having to buy new parts. Does anyone know a good shop to take my pony to? I've heard there's a good one in Stockton, but I don't know the name.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Well, if you want to ship them up here to Redding, there a good plating shop just north of here in Shasta Lake City called Walker's Custom Chrome. I've been in there several times inspecting them and they always have excellant results. If I need to have any parts rechromed that's where I'm going...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Industrial Plating in San Carlos, on American Way is an excellent shop! The most recent thing they did for us was a set of Mopar valve covers (had them chromed for a friend in trade for help wiring out F100 panel). It came out superb! I will be bringing anything we need to chrome to them....Hubby says the receptionist was "Oh my!" too.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
It is my understanding that most of the shops send the work out to a place in the central valley due to chemical regulations and such. I don't have the name of that shop though :-(

I had my bumpers done and they came out fabulous, but I don't recall the name of the shop. I can get this info if you really want it.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Try JT Classic Chrome in San Martin, CA (just north of Gilroy)

this guy straightens bumpers, removes dings, metal treatment, polishes,
copper plates, polishes, nickel plates and goes for the chrome....and gives it one final polish....

Chrome so nice it looks like it has a slight hint of bluish tint...
very nice work...got my originals done there.

He also comes and picks the stuff up and then drops off.

check him out....his name is Juan.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Delta Chrome in Stockton is an excellent place... I went to a place in Lodi on Black Diamond Way (right off highway 99) and they did excellent work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts