Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
19,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a lot of progress today--either I'm getting good at what I'm doing or I'm getting lucky. I got carpeting on to the hinge support frames and made my patterns for the vertical sections and got them all cut out. First, I used posterboard to make a draft pattern and once I was sure of the sizes, tranferred the patterns to heavy cardboard. I figured the stiffness of the cardboard is similar to the masonite that I'll be using. I adjusted the patterns a bit and decided I could do it with just two sections rather than the three I thought I would need. It works great to fold the two pieces together, slip them in behind the hinge supports and then open them up and get them in place. It saves me some time because I thought I would have to make some brackets to stabilize them, but it doesn't look like that's going to be necessary.

Tomorrow, I'm going to put the carpet padding and carpeting on them and install them. The carpeting will extend past either end of the masonite panels and will allow for a tight fit of the panels. I'll be using industrial strength Velcro to attach the ends, which will allow me easier access for running the speaker wiring behind the panels.

The driver's side will be in temporarily because I think some of the wiring has to be finished over there. I'm not sure. At first, I was afraid the panel wouldn't slip in around the battery posts, but it does, barely. Once the panel is in place there, I can install the battery box. If I'm lucky, I may get that in place tomorrow. ::


http://www.tucsonpony.com/ttrunk32.jpg


http://www.tucsonpony.com/ttrunk33.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
Very, very nice. I always love looking at the Trouble posts!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top