Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have recently come across a 73 convertable Mustang for sale with a 5 litre V8 in it, the car is pretty tidy though the soft top and interior are a bit tired. The asking price is £5000 and my question is should I buy it of try to find a prettier, earlier model? I must have a soft top and I want to get 3 kids in the back, Currently I am driving a very pretty Triumph Stag but its now too small for the family, the mustang is a good size and if I pass this one up I may not see another fo rsale for some time (I'm in England). I'd be grreatful for any advice to [email protected] Thanks.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
at 5000 pounds I think the 73 convertible with a worn out interior is a bit much....Look around for a top notch 65-70 ponycar...

or find one here and see what it will cost to import that bad boy.

cheers

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here in the US, these cars are much more plentiful, if you can get used to driving from the opposite side. ;) You may want to check into the cost of shipping and possibly find one here and have it shipped to England for a good price. You might also, want to check into a 6 cylinder for better gas milage. :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
5000 quid would be a fair price if the exchange rate equals $8000. Have a lite and bitter for me! I sure miss the beer!

·
Registered
873 Posts
For 5000 pounds, I say go for it, there can't be too many of those over there! A "not running" 73 vert with a Cleveland just sold here in my town for $3000.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If it's fairly rust-free, that's not a bad price around here. If you check them out on www.traderonline.com, you will find the asking price is usually more than that. There were only 11,853 made in 73, so while they are not extremely rare, they are not as plentiful as some of the earlier models.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
With a solid body it may not be that bad a purchase as replacing the interior's soft parts has gotten fairly affordable and readily available. When you say it has a 5.0 liter in it, we (here in the States) interpret that as one of the later model, generally fuel injected motors. The stock, carburated 302's are solid engines non-the-less. As other's have alluded to, they're far more common on this side of the pond and it's difficult to say how much more they may be valued overseas, but I'd suspect the price is not inappropriate one. Having been thrown into the back seat of the family Corvair with my two siblings when I was a kid, I could not imagine the reduced space a Stag would have placed us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts