Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the worst time trying to figure out my heater wiring. Here is the problem, I have a 1970 non a/c car. previous owner was going to make it a/c, he bought an a/c dash unit(switch) The fan wont work. There is a single orange wire going from the fan to a rectangular box. Also plugged into that box is a 3 prong plug, (that end is plugged in) I can not figure out what to plug the other end of that 3 prong plug into, I have got several wiring books and still am unable to figure it out. I think I might be missing an a/c part but I dont know what it is. It is cold up here and I would love to drive my stang with some heat.
thank you

1970 351 Cleveland Mach I
First car, bought it in 8th grade, I'm now 17 and it's
loads of fun

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The three wires from the blower resistor box (above blower motor) to another connector that then goes to the fan switch on the dash. 268 red, 269 Lt Blue, and 270 Black/yellow. Orange wire goes from the motor to the resistor box. The ac wiring is very different than the non ac. Check your plug at the Fan switch, does it use 4 or five of the terminal slots? 4 is a non ac car. the fifth terminal will have a short green wire with a connector on it if it is AC. If you do not have one you may want to get the Jim osborn electical manual. Reply back and we will try and chat you through it

Mark Memmer
70 Calypso Coral Mach 1 351C 4V Completed by 8/01
98 Cobra Convertible
93 5.0 Mustang LX (Winter Ride)
00 Volvo S80 (Wifes Ride)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One other interesting note is that all cars with factory tach are also wired for A/C. Just thought you might like to know * G * . I also agree with Mark , get the assembly manuals , all of them. While they may not always tell you what you need to know , most of the time the are very helpful. They have saved my keester more than once.

Marc

70 SCJ R-CODE MACH 1
88 GT

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor is wired to the resistor box, the three wire plug is in the resistor box, I have looked for hours and can not locate the other connector. Can purchase the connector, I think it might be missing from my wiring harness. There are four wires going in the back of the switch, one is open.

I appreciate your help so far and I would appreciate any further help.. I have a 1970 Mustang Electrical book, and a 1970 all make ford electrical book and I've downloaded wiring diagrams off the net. Still no luck:-(

Thank you

1970 351 Cleveland Mach I
First car, bought it in 8th grade, I'm now 17 and it's
loads of fun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts