Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all) may be it is possible for somebody to identify my engine by photo?

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
with possibly a leaking heater box, because it's been by-passed.
This in a 67/68, because I see power disc brake setup?

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,281 Posts
Missing the export brace....

·
Registered
35,842 Posts
Bad photo angle for identification. From this angle, it could be 289, 302, or even 5.0. Show us the harmonic balancer.

And yes, I would not drive the car until an export brace is installed. Without it, the front end is dangerously unstable. Use the good one from Scott Drake.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
And get a little soap and water on that engine bay!

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
First cover that hole in the passenger valve cover with a PCV valve and hose, or a plug, whatever the engine needs, to keep water/dirt etc out.

·
Registered
35,842 Posts
First cover that hole in the passenger valve cover with a PCV valve and hose, or a plug, whatever the engine needs, to keep water/dirt etc out.
That's the oil filler tube. The valve covers are on the wrong sides.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bad photo angle for identification. From this angle, it could be 289, 302, or even 5.0. Show us the harmonic balancer.

And yes, I would not drive the car until an export brace is installed. Without it, the front end is dangerously unstable. Use the good one from Scott Drake.
Thanks for your comment! Photo of harmonic balancer I will show you as soon as possible) and about export brace I understand you! I will order a new one from Scott Drake. If to be honest I was driving this car just 2 minutes in my parking, and I can't to compare it is driven characteristics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And get a little soap and water on that engine bay!
Right now all the interior is dissembled. The next one will be engine out) It is now any reason on wash, because after all of that will be full send cleaning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you! but this hole is covered by plug. It was also my first question😅

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
with possibly a leaking heater box, because it's been by-passed.
This in a 67/68, because I see power disc brake setup?
Yes, it is 68 by documents, and after dissembling I understood that this car was assembled from the parts which was under the arm. That is why I can't understand is it original or from the other car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yesterday I have made a few more photos. May be somebody can tell tell me something more about my engine)

·
Registered
35,887 Posts
Also get rid of the "firestarter" fuel filter and rubber hose... Right-side valve cover tube can be pulled and replaced with proper grommet to connect PCV.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
1967 and later power steering pump.
1967 and later power steering bracket
1965 - 1967 289 harmonic balancer
Aftermarket carburetor
Aftermarket Intake Manifold
Open aftermarket valve cover could just get another fill cap, push on.
Need to fix gas line, leaker and safety hazard.
Appears distributor is missing vacuum advance or has been converted to a dual point, but the hole should not be there.

1967 1968 shock caps, power booster, etc.

Without other clues, most likely a 1967 289 with some aftermarket parts (valve covers, air cleaner, distributor, intake and carb) and lots of small easy to fix wiring and line issues.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts