Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
You have a Elderbrok Torquer 302 intake on the top, so it may be a 302. Though a 289 could also take that.

Wait: The dipstick seems to be coming from the timing case, if so then its a 289. Coming out the side its a 302

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also get rid of the "firestarter" fuel filter and rubber hose... Right-side valve cover tube can be pulled and replaced with proper grommet to connect PCV.
thanks for your answer! sorry for my stupid question, but I am just starting on it) about fuel filter, I need replace it or change at all? and about tube. you mean like that?

In the fitter I will send my engine to good master on it for rebuild. But now your comments are very interesting for me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bad photo angle for identification. From this angle, it could be 289, 302, or even 5.0. Show us the harmonic balancer.

And yes, I would not drive the car until an export brace is installed. Without it, the front end is dangerously unstable. Use the good one from Scott Drake.
here is mine harmonic balancer

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
1967 and later power steering pump.
1967 and later power steering bracket
1965 - 1967 289 harmonic balancer
Aftermarket carburetor
Aftermarket Intake Manifold
Open aftermarket valve cover could just get another fill cap, push on.
Need to fix gas line, leaker and safety hazard.
Appears distributor is missing vacuum advance or has been converted to a dual point, but the hole should not be there.

1967 1968 shock caps, power booster, etc.

Without other clues, most likely a 1967 289 with some aftermarket parts (valve covers, air cleaner, distributor, intake and carb) and lots of small easy to fix wiring and line issues.
Thanks for such detail review) you give me a lot of necessary information. photos of open distributor I will attache soon)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You have a Elderbrok Torquer 302 intake on the top, so it may be a 302. Though a 289 could also take that.

Wait: The dipstick seems to be coming from the timing case, if so then its a 289. Coming out the side its a 302
thanks! I will check it

·
Registered
35,887 Posts
thanks for your answer! sorry for my stupid question, but I am just starting on it) about fuel filter, I need replace it or change at all? and about tube. you mean like that? View attachment 764271

In the fitter I will send my engine to good master on it for rebuild. But now your comments are very interesting for me!
Yes. Replace it. Get the Edelbrock fuel inlet and filter kit and metal line from the pump up to it to connect.
Edelbrock Single-Feed Fuel Line Kits 8131

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The dip stick/cap is missing from the power steering reservoir as well.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
On the distributor: the round hole is for the wires, the slot is for the vacuum advance. Typically when a vac advance unit is converted to dual point, the slot is blocked off. You can get a new wire with the correct grommet to use the round hole. If it has been converted to a protronix you will need to dig a little further.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts