Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My mother had a 1968 stang that she sold around 1974 or 75 when I was 2 or 3 years old. She passed away in 2004. Going through her paper work, I found the original warranty card to that car that you are supposed to discard once the dealer sent you your ownercard. The warranty plate has the warranty # and the vehicle data #.
Does anyone know how I can find who owns this car now? I am filling out a request for information form with the secretary of state, but not holding out much hope for that. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
well i will tell the bad news first. the car could have gone to the crusher. if its still around the owner might not be on any car forum and might not even look at car stuff on the web. it could have gone out of state in which you would need to contact every state. it might have gone to another country. it might be a few blocks from where you live painted a different color. the new present owner might be a jerk and tell you to ....... !!!! the present owner might be thrilled at the intrest you have in the car. be prepared for anything.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You never know.The 68 I bought when I got it home I found out through the old saved paperwork that the women that bought it new lives about 6 miles from me.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Google the vin number and see if anything comes up. There is a site call "Lost car registry" that you put the vin # in and if it's been found it will come up. Good luck...I've been looking for my dad's 67 coupe for a few years now.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Start by contacting the DMV in the state you know it was last registered in. DMV checks are the only real way to find it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll have to do some digging. I had questions about my vin, I did find a site where you enter the vin and for a few $bucks they had the complete owner history. Let me see if I can find it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts