Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I can count the amount of time needed to complete the registry in hours as opposed to days at this point so it's probably a good idea for me to let people in to help me flush out the bugs.

As before, everything entered will be deleted before it goes live so by all means try anything possible to try to break it.

Here's the link for all that want to help:
http://www.hurtle.com/cars/mustang/registry/

It's late now (east coast) and I have to get up early tomorrow and do alot of running around so I won't be able to look into problems until tomorrow evening. Hopefully I can wrap things up on it this weekend.

I plan on adding more searches soon but I wanted to get things launched and get the wrinkles out before adding more features.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
lets see, i ran the VIN as my actual car (6f07c380785) and I selected every option... I don't know if it's feasible or not to fix, but it allowed me to select, for example, a 3 speed, 4 speed, and automatic tranny. I don't know if you had planned on making it so you couldn't have such an occurance.

Also, when i ran the VIN search, It came up with all the info except the options i selected. I don't know where I was supposed to see that info (maybe I missed it), but I couldn't find it.

Otherwise, it's excellent... Great Job!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I knew you could select mutually exclusive options but I was hoping it wouldn't be discovered so quickly (damn you, go to bed!). It can be fixed by programming lots of rules into things. I was going to wait and see if it was a problem before I tackled it. You can also put in 64.5 fastbacks and conflicting body styles in the VIN/data plate. More rules.

I never tried selecting all options but they should show up in the VIN search. I will look into what happened tomorrow.

This is why I need help. Thank you.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Hi Dave,

I tried to enter my 66's dataplate which was ordered with special paint (no paint code!), and it wouldn't accept a blank for the code as it is on my dataplate, and wouldn't allow me to go further unless I skipped that section.

Any chance of entering just the special color? I really didn't try that?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nice start, Dave, but you need to add "3.00:1 differential" and "blue racing stripe" as default options for a '64.5 Pace Car, as well as change all other options to "No" instead of "Unknown."

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice start? C'mon you had to at least crack a smile when it identified the pace car and preselected the options for you.

I added the 2 missing options. I'm working on the default for any additional options.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The paint code can only be blank if the DSO has the 4 digit special order extension on it.

I see you were only putting in 43 for the DSO and that's why it was barfing.

If I'm wrong about that please let me know as I'm no expert on this stuff. I think I queried the forum for that particular tidbit though.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hi Dave, yes, I was very pleased to see the Pace Car at least correctly identified in your routine; too often, it's overlooked in others' online data plate decoders! Sorry for my blunt reply, it was early before my morning OJ!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, you did and I thank you for it!

MySQL didn't like 51k for the milage because it was expecting a number. I was going to put in some validation code to check for a number but since 51k is perfectly valid I just changed it to take characters or numbers.

Your concern about the mutually exclusive options has been addressed too.

Now you can go back and break it agan!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked through the logs and I can see when you entered your car but I don't see any options selected. You have to select the checkbox on the left and then indicate whether it was factory or dealer installed on the right. If you just did the right side then it never turns up as selected. I created this beast and I fall for that trap sometimes too.

I put in VIN 6R07A456765 with every option selected and it shows up that way in the VIN search.

I also did alot of work today to fix the your concern with allowing things like 2 tranny options to be selected. If there was a problem selecting all options last night it may have been cleared up with all of the changes I made today.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Dave,

yep I was only entering the first two digits and not the whole line. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

The registry is looking pretty good! One of the best put together ones I've seen /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Good Work!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm working on that. The problem stems from the fact that when a person puts a " in their comment it messes everything up. The work around for this is to encode all special characters in hexadecimal and then decode them before the'yre printed. %20 is the hex value for the space. They should be decoded but I'm having problems somewhere.

I'll fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts