Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having no success with installing my rocker panel molding on my '69 coupe. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong except maybe using the clip/mount thing wrong. The set I ordered from NPD is pictured but nothing seems to work with them, no matter how I turn them or try to use them. I thought I figured it out before installing them, but the molding won't grab them. They are mounted with rivets which I can remove but I'll have to get some new clips if I do. Plus, this kit didn't come with the mount for the larger front hole. Is there a better clip/mount out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
35,825 Posts
The front of the molding attaches with a screw.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought there was a clip that was different than the others for the front. I seem to remember when I stripped the car the front had something different.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Look for the long flat mounting pieces that hold the rocker on.
They are about 3-4 inches long and mount with rivits or screws.
Those short clips are nothing but a pain to install and keep the rocker in place later.

WC Cougar has them in stock, #10022238 a stock replacement set for 25.00

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought there was something like that. My moldings didn't come with them. Does the screw still go on the front or does it go on the rear? Do you have a website for WC Cougar? I searched but didn't come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if those Cougar mounts will work on a '69 molding, especially since the car only has one hole per clip? The front clip looks like it would work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts