Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me call your attention to a previous post of mine: here

I got quite a few looks but only a couple of responses. Please keep in mind that My budget is limited, and I can't pull my engine right now. There has been some welding in that area in the past, I'm afraid to try grinding, because if I grind away that whole piece of metal, that's totally bad. If any of you more knowledgable folks could come and take a look with my, I would really really appreciate it. Please help me, I'm almost begging, and getting desperate, to the point of undoing the shelby drop and selling it at a loss (I will inform the buyer, of course) :(

Thanks in advance,
Ken

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
As preveously stated bring it to a frame shop.
The same type of problem I had years ago on a 65. They put it on a chassis machine and pulled it back into place welding and reinforcing it.Lasted for quite a few years after that. It is a rather simple repair for a good shop.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ken,

I just read your last post and the replies. Perhaps the reason more people didn't respond is because they couldn't offer any additional solutions. There were two approaches offered: 1) take it to a pro and see what can be done and 2) try to fix it yourself.

Even with a limited budget, you could take it to a good frame shop as suggested and at least get a professional opinion and an estimate of the costs involved to have it fixed. If I were in your shoes, that is what I'd do. Good luck.

Gary

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok... I haven't the slightest clue how to find a frame shop in my area... sure, there's lots of them, but good ones?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Do it just like you do an insurance estimate. Go to three, ask them the procedure and go with what you think is the best estimate and plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts