Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to ring a local tire store to see if i could get P225 60R15 tires locally. I knew even if i could find any they wouldnt have a great selection.

Well, they had them - some no name brand with the word "eco" in the name. So how much for four of them?

650 euro!!!!!!

Now, Summit has BFGoodrich Radial T/A's , same, for $65 each - so $260 for four. Say, shipping here would be $250, total of about $500 - still 150 euro cheaper than buying a no-name brand here /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

My advice - dont ever move to Ireland.

Gary

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
If you choose to import the Firestone tires, don't forget to factor in the customs duty. The local tires may not be such a bad deal when that's added to the total!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Cragar SS wheels came straight to my front door from Summit (Ohio) with no customs problems!

Thanks,

Gary

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Supposidly my forefathers built some silly mill in Ireland and called it Magilton's Mill, then most of 'em got sent away to Australia.

Don't know why I bothered to type that.

·
Administrator
19,311 Posts
We bought a set of these exact tires (tire sale) for SWMBO's car about a year ago. I wasn't that fond of them to start with and doubt if I'll buy another set. I had wanted some Dunlop Sport radials- a Consumer Reports "Best Buy". But it's her car. The tread wear hasn't been that good and neither is the traction. I expect "sticky" tires not to last and "hard" tires to last a long time. The BFG's just don't seem to be a particularly good compromise.
I'm not a tire expert, but you might look around some more.
Since you have to go to extra trouble and expense to get tires, it should be worth your time to find what will best suit your needs. Magazine comparisons and such should help.
Just my opinion but I think you can do better than the T/A's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts