Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to restart my 289, has been a couple years, Just a few miles on it, I broke it in a few years ago. pulled the plugs to fog the cylinders and look pretty rich. Autolite 3924 gapped at .035" , aluminum head 289 with a little over 10:1 static compression, Holley Avenger 670 that I got used from a member here and have not tuned in any way except setting idle. I can turn engine over (without plugs) with a fairly short 1/2" ratchet. Need suggestions of prepping engine for restart after sitting, I will prime oil pump, check torque on intake and exhaust bolts Top pic shows motor and plugs in order they were in engine. 1-4 on left (pass) and 5-8 on right (drivers). next pic close up of plugs in same order. next pic plugs 5-8 right to left . final pic plugs .1-4 left to right

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2,6, & 8 don't look as bad, plugs are wet around threads but I did install a dap of neverseize on them. I just wondered if they were too cold or if I should maybe open up the gap a little, have a red box 6AL

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
With your compression and a MSD I wouldn't go over .035. I run mine at .032. That one plug that is a lot whiter than the others is the odd duck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts