Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are just finishing up all the little details prior to firing up my Windsor-powered fastback and I've somehow misplaced the little wire separator thingamabobs that slip on the valve cover mounts.

I've also thrown out the original molded hose for the PCV to Carb spacer and cannot locate one for a 69 351w anywhere. The local parts stores all want to sell me a straight piece of fuel hose. I have a new motorcraft molded hose for a 289/302, but it is about 1 inch too short because of the wider intake on the W.

I've looked through several catalogs and do not find stock-style separators, only brightly-colored aftermarket units. Same story with a molded hose for a Windsor.

Who sells original-style separators and PCV hoses?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
That's not what you want on p. 109 of the NPD catalog? Don't know about the PCV to Carb.

Steve

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naturally, I'd looked in 3 catalogs, but not NPD's.

That is exactly what I need. Thanks, Steve.

Now, about that Windsor PCV hose....

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Keep looking in NPD's catalog, I got my PCV to carb spacer hose for my 289 there. They may have yours too.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that the 289/302 units are sold by virtually every vendor. The Windsor (351) would have to be longer in order to compensate for the wider intake.

Looking at NPD's catalog right now. No dice.

I've yet to see one for this application in a Mustang Vendor's catalog. Probably because the Windsor was a one-year-only option (unless you count the 70 GT350...).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts