Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a SD pump to carb fuel line #MGL001, then decided to buy a Summit 500cfm carb.

I cant figure out how to plumb my stock fuel line to the Summit dual feed fuel line.

Im only going to run the filter on the fuel pump, I dont want any soft fuel line.

It seems like there would be an adapter to make this connection work.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
I suppose you could cut the barb off the end of the stock fuel line and use a compression fitting to plumb it on over.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I think you are going to be challenged plumbing with the stock line as it appears the Summit carbs have a different inlet location.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dream of keeping the fuel line all steel has died.

Im going to buy a 66 line with the barbed fitting and use a short piece of 5/16 hose.

Does the line clamp anywhere along the way from the pump to the carb? It seems like it moves around, especially where it passes between the PS pump bracket and the front cover, I can see a chaff point there.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,756 Posts
I'm also curious to see what others have come up with also. I have the Summit carb on my car and wanted to finish the fuel lines. Hopefully someone will post some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts