Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about a few weeks ago about a truck driver friend telling us about a barn full of Mustangs he found in his travels. I neglected to update and someone PM'd me.

My husband and son flew to the nearest large airport, rented a car, and drove 60 miles to the small town where the cars are located.
There are about 30 Vintage cars, mostly Mustang convertibles, 64.5-70.
Unfortunately, the owner must have decided we are suckers or desperate being willing to fly over 1000 miles to look. The prices he quoted us were considerably higher than he told our truck driver friend.
Additionally, the cars were so long neglected many were rusted to the point that if pulled out they'd split!
The owner is a long time collector, but most of his good stuff is gone. Most were T or C codes. Several were a mish-mash of parts - 67 parts on 68's etc.
There were two 69 Cougar convertibles with 351 engines, a 69 302 Sportroof, and a 68 California Special that had been stripped of the good stuff.
Mike has restored numerous rusty stangs. Not much scares him. But starting prices for these neglected, decayed rat hotels near $5K did not interest him.
We were told the location in confidence. The owner does not want to be overtaken with speculators, so I can't divulge the location. However if you are truly interested in a PROJECT and willing to dump a lot of time and money PM me and we'll see if we can get permission to give you the name and number.
Although we didn't end up with any new stangs from the trip, my guys enjoyed the father/son adventure and have even greater appreciation for our collection and projects.
Mike took video and the son took digi pics, but I don't know where his camera is right now or I'd post photos.
J.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
You gotta go look though!! ::

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
youre right !!! no way,having that info and and ok to come look i could not have. just could not live with myself. even if it turned out this way at least i would have known.i go on wild goose chases lots,like you it appears,seems your luck is a little better than mine though. one day ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts