Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last night I'm getting ready to head to my softball game with the whole family in my '65. The kids piled out of the house while I'm heading to the barn to put the garage door back down. A minute later I got back to the car my nine-yearold was standing next to the car holding this big tin box full of Pokemon cards, absent mindedly bouncing the tin box off of the top of the rear quarter panel right behind the driver's door...kind of over where the rear quarter window would be if it wasn't down.

I stared in horror, ran over and gently removed the box from the car. Sure enough, there were SEVERAL half inch scratches all the way through the clear and into the base coat. I was able to let him know not to do that again without screaming (very hard for me). However, when I got to the game and in the middle of an inning glanced over and saw instead of sorting his cards (which was the whole reason he supposedly brought them) he was using the tin box to beat his brother over the head with, I went ahead and lost it.

I can't wait for him to grow into a fine teenager. I understand it all get's so much better at that point ::.

Phil

·
Registered
858 Posts
u kidding me?? if that was MY kid, id spank him, and take away his allowance and make him suffer! a kid that old should know some common sense NOT to do something stupid like that IMO...geeze....i hope that kid gets the wisdom instilled in him NEVER to do that again...and when he gets his car...do the same back :p lol

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Insanity is hereditary....you get if from your kids.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yea, right about them getting better with age ! some times yes and sometimes NO!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Several years ago I was doing bodywork on a 240Z and my nephew was watching. He decided to help me by sanding my TR6 ::
I got a little excited to say the least :(

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
What I really like about that age is how they can walk their bicycle out of the garage between two cars, with the metal brake handle scraping along the entire length of the car. Totally oblivious, of course! ::

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
HAH HAH! That topic line is hilarious! As for your son, if it would've been me, I'd have spanked him. I remember my dad spankin' me and giving me a good long lecture one time when I open his Mustang (now my brother's) door....WHILE IN MOTION! Didnt hit anything. Learn not to do THAT again. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Kids and cars don't mix. I remember when I was about 8 years old I was playing darts in the garage when I accidentally hit a can of red spray paint. It was spraying on the wall and I grabbed it and ran for the door, all the while spraying my aunts 66 Chevelle down the side. Her car was parked there while she was staying with us. The car was already red, just not the same shade. The wall was red, the grass where I tossed the can was red, my dads face when he found out was red, but the most vivid red in my memory was my ass when he was through. That and two weeks grounding can ruin a summer break.

G

·
0 Posts
OK we have a boy on the way sometime first of Nov.. these stories are not helping me much.. I need to invent some sort of force field to cover the mustang (lol)
I was just about to say the same thing, but were expecting at the end of January. At least we have a few years before they have the capability to know better, but for some reason do it anyways. It gives us a chance to come up with some type of solution. Maybe a straight jacket would be good. At least until they are a good 100 yards away from the cars.

Oh and Alydar, great story.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
but the most vivid red in my memory was my ass when he was through
;)LMAO!

I have actually considered building a half wall down the center of my garage just to keep the bikes, balls, greasy fingers and SWMBO's car away. She's actually the worst culprit. 4 dings and counting since December.

Frank

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The best part is that at first she swore up and down she didn't do it. Then she blamed it on the garage being too small. (It is). So now it is intentionally permanently cluttered and she parks outside! ::

Frank

1 - 16 of 16 Posts