Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this stuff? I have, I think it will be good, but it is hard to apply. Its made by Magnet Paint.I put it on my equipment trailer I built and will be run this winter in PA salt roads daily. [GOOD TEST] If it passes I'll put it on my car.Thanks for any input :)

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I put some on a car I painted several months ago. So I really don't know. Looked like it would do a good job.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you use a brush or a gun? I use a gun but it would slowly plug up.Strained the paint and thinned it 10% as directed

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I just used it for the underside of the car, sanded it and painted over it. There'll be no worry about rust ever again on the car, that stuff is strong. Goes on shiny and stays that way if not exposed to UV (ie wheel wells, underside, under carpet, etc.). Nasty stuff to get on your hands though and use mask for lung protection. $25/quart if I recall and I painted it on by hand.

·
Registered
122 Posts
my friend put it on the bottom of his s-10 pick up. so far so good. he couldnt get it off his hands for awhile though haha. let us know how it works out because im thinking of giving it a try.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I did the entire undercarriage of my car with it. It's messy, but strong on looks good. I used the high build gloss, because when I tried the satin (not high build), it looked horrible.

http://johnskurka.com/images/mustang/week23/100_1191.JPG

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
1st I tried to spray it. I didn't like it so I brushed it on. Let it sit for 2 days then sanded it lightly on spots that would show. Light coat of bondo to smooth it out, then paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts