Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 69 mach r-code with the deluxe interior. I am considering replacing my door panels. Who makes the best door panels. Thanks for your help, Bob

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
You will have to excuse that pitiful response from midlife...obviously it was his misguided attempt at humor.
You are shopping for door panels for your car so obviously you are looking for opinions concerning manufacturers of repo door panels. You come to this forum expecting help but all you get is this -poor half-azzed wanna-be humorous response. I am ashamed....and embarrased that the good name of VMF and Bob our sponser have been bismirched by this heinous reply. Let me be first to appologize on the behalf of all good, honest, helpful VMF'ers out there.
THE QUESTION WAS...."Who makes the best door panels?"

The answer is, of course.....Ford.

I'm sorry...just couldn't resist it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Contact Gene Painter. If you have your original panels he will restore them. If you don't have your panels he has cores that he will use. He advertises in Mustang Monthly and other Mustang magazines. These will fit on you carr better than any repo set you can buy.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Here are the options you have for a nice set of Deluxe door panels (in order from least expensive to most expensive):

- Find an original set that need a few small repairs.
- Buy a set of repro door panels.
- Send an original set off to Gene Painter.

I went back and forth on what to do about Deluxe door panels on my Mustang (repro as opposed to original). I checked around on Eek-bay and found an excellent set with two very small cracks by the door cup pulls. Got them for less that $100. The price was much more resonable than a new set of repro door panels, but I had to repair them.

Dashes Direct makes 69 Deluxe door panels. I have heard good things about them. Check with Matt at Ponderosa Mustang . You could also try National Parts Depot or Virginia Mustang . I believe Virginia Mustang carries Dashes Direct door panels and NPD carries another brand. From the research I have done, there doesn't seem to be a big difference in quality between the repro panels. Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
I bought my set through NPD. However, they only have the panels and some of the attaching hardware (pull cups, screws and clips). As I was converting from standard door panels, I was basically starting from scratch and had to run down the courtesy lights, chrome trim, woodgrain inserts and poney emblem (which I got from various eBayers and other Mustang sites).

If your deluxe door accessories are still in good shape, the panels that NPD sells are very nice and fit great. I have a vermillion interior, so I bought the white set and painted/dyed them to match.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts