Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Thanks Bob, for taking the poll....

I've adapted to using the old post arrangement on the new forum and, once we have a database of answers built up here and people start using the search engine, this issue will likely become moot...

The advantage of the old method was that a new post didn't get artificially buried by a bunch of people discussing old topics...the beauty of the forum was that few people's questions remained unanswered...

Once we settle in, I think the threading format opinions will subside and we'll get down to work...and fun!

Pat
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570936&a=11937754&p=42910787.jpg

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Bob,
Please keep this poll at the top of the Topics. If it drops down it will be missed by those who need it the most.

Thanks for turning this into a Florida Election (he he).

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Your poll is a little confusing. By "newest to top", I assume you mean that new original postings would go to the top. But your question "most recently modified threads" makes me think of new replies to old messages. Maybe you could clarify your question. And remove "Fire the webmaster" That's not a viable option. Thanks for the site.

·
Registered
391 Posts
For now, please keep things similar to the old format, while at least this old guy gets a chance to catch on to the new appearance. The primary thing for me is content, appearance is just a way to get the words...

Thanks for the spelling checker.

Russ

Edited comment... I've thought about it... I change my vote to having an old subject rise to the top when a reply is added. (Well, I hope that's what we are discussing.)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by G1967T on 03/07/01 11:47 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I like the modified thread goes to the top but I did not like my browsing to go there with it...if you understand.

Pop to the top but leave me on page 4 :)

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First, there is no way to make it user selectable at this point as it has to to with how the sytem either tags or doesn't tag messages when they're created.

Secondly, I was having trouble (ain't all that bright) phrasing the question so it would make fair sense in the poll.

Give me a better way to phrase it and I'll delete this poll and create a new one...

-bob

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
hehe, that's the only way I could register my vote. I had to dig through pages to find it 'cause it wasn't where it was LAST TIME.

hehe....*LOL* now it's going to go to the top and clog up everything else.

Hal
Love hard, drive fast, wear your seat belt.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I'm confused. I really meant to vote for Gore!

*G*

Polls are great! Can I vote more than once, just like a real election?

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

G

·
0 Posts
not fair.....

65 pony from ground up, inline 6 (son's car),
66 Red Convertible, 289(dad's car)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
The "pop to the top" thing sent any thread whether new or just replied to to the top of the list and moved everything else down.

If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough
Josh
64 1/2 Coupe

jpony645 on Yahoo IM
MKSU1DR on AOL IM
http://www.geocities.com/jpony645/josh.html

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Wooo hooo, we're up by 3! Viva la "No" Revolution!

and I get another post, maybe I'll make newbie by tonight! :)

Rich
----
'66, 302-4bbl, Granada disk brakes, etc, etc...

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
No. The old way was better. If I'm interested in follow up posts I'll look for them, it'll be easy too because the posts won't be changing their order, but if someone needs info now I want to see it at the top.

P.S. I liked the old colors too.

Black primer 66 coupe, bench seat, 68 302-2V, C-4, 3.55 TSD
robert94928 on Yahoo Messenger

1 - 20 of 25 Posts