Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there running these? I have the September 2000 issue of Mustangs and Fords here and they do an install of them that looks very clean and easy. How much do they cost? Thanks.

P.J

2000 GT Convertible
19665 Restomod moneypit, oh I mean coupe

·
Registered
952 Posts
PJ - I have been looking into a high quality 3 point system. Could you scan the article and e-mail it to me??

Layne

69-GT F Code Sportsroof
00 - Dodge Ram 1500 - My daily driver
95 - Dodge Stratus LS - SWMBO daily driver
92 - Ford Tempo GL - Daughters beast

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Layne-
Sorry I don't have a scanner but I can try shooting it with my digital camera. It may work. If you want me to try I will be happy to. Let me know.

P.J.

2000 GT Convertible
1965 Restomod moneypit, oh I mean coupe

·
Registered
952 Posts
I don't think it would work too well. Have you looked at the belts from Juliano? That is what I was going to do.

http://www.julianos.com/retract_3point.html

Layne

69-GT F Code Sportsroof
00 - Dodge Ram 1500 - My daily driver
95 - Dodge Stratus LS - SWMBO daily driver
92 - Ford Tempo GL - Daughters beast

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried it Layne but the photo was a little to blurry when I downsized it. Sorry. The link you sent me looks identical to the Pony Car model. I didn't investigate to thoroughly but I would say it is the same system. The Pony Car kit comes with rear belts also with retractors that mount up on the rear package shelf. Let me know what you find and I will do liekwise.

P.J.

2000 GT Convertible
1965 Restomod moneypit, oh I mean coupe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 1966 Conv and have installed the three point seat belt from Pony Car Sales. I have a driver quality car so I did not mind drilling a few holes in the interior (i.e. the C Pillar). I have been very happy with the product, and I feel safer driving my favorite car.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I installed 3pt harnesses from andoauto.com in my 67 coupe.

Check out some photos on my website.

[color:blue]
1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
302 4V, C4, 9" 3.25:1
Torq-Thrust "D" 225-60-14
1968 PDB, Corbeau
LeCarra, Alpine in-dash CD
http://www.geocities.com/mlnielsen_67/index.htm
WEBSITE UPDATED 2/28/01
</font color=blue>

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Have installed a set from Pony Car in my '65 convert and have a set to install in my SWMBO's '66 coupe when it comes home from the paint shop. Have also installed Pony Car's head restraint kit in both and am very satisfied with both products. The web site is "ponycarusa.com", I believe. They are not cheap, but well done and their service has been great. Good Luck.

65 Conv., 65 & 66 Coupes and the remains of
a 66' Coupe with 6 cyl. engine and V-8 3 spd.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have installed the Pony Car Sales Headrests and three point harnesses in my 66 coupe daily driver. They are great, but they are not cheap. I have a 67 convertible and my son's project 66 coupe to equip also, so I may look for cheaper alternatives. As I recall, I paid about $200 for the headrests and $250 for the seatbelts.

·
Registered
311 Posts
JC Whitney also sells 3-pt belts. I purchased a set for my 65. They are of good quality and look good as well. They come in a variety of color choices.

Don
UCLA (Upper Corner, Lower Alabama)
Thank God it doesn't snow this far south!!!
1965 Convertible, 351W, Tremec, 9", continuous "improvements"
1996 Explorer XLT - daily driver
2000 Taurus - wife's driver

1 - 10 of 10 Posts