Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least we are not alone in the trenches. 1838018979
Might just have to list some of mine...

·
Administrator
19,339 Posts
I doubt that's the same Pony Carbs we think of. They offered me $15 for a 1957 4100. Certainly not the best 4100, but one the first. You can bet I kept it.
I believe that about NASA. I heard some time ago they were still using Intel 486 computers because they were scared of that tiny Pentium math error problem Intel had a few years back. I wonder if they've upgraded to P5's yet? Those guys seem to be REALLY serious about tried-and-proven technology. Wonder what kind of cars NASA engineers own?

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Wonder what kind of cars NASA engineers own?

<hr></blockquote>

Slant-six Valiants?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Perhaps......

Interestingly enough Gypsy, when I had them rebuild my 4100 earlier this year I was able to trade in a very rough 1.08 core for $75 credit. Considering I'd bought it for $20, I took the deal. Dickson

G

·
0 Posts
It's no secret they pay pretty good money for the cores. It's on their website. I guess if they can get them off DBAY cheaper then more power to 'em.

I've considered trying to get carbs cheap off DBAY and shipping them off to pony carbs but unfortunately if you get get a bum carb or two then you're screwed and shipping is a big expense too.

·
Administrator
19,339 Posts
All 4100's are not created equal. They didn't sound too impressed with my carb. May be mine IS only worth $15.
I'm keeping it anyway. I'm sure certain Boss carbs and such will bring big money, bad or good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts