Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are a couple of Kiwis comming over to the US for the
Convention in Nashville and then the Pony Drive just after.we will be looking for a couple of reliable Mustangs for the trip. Had in mind a nice !965 or 1966 289 Coup manual if possible, what would you expect to pay ,I was thinking of maybe $5000 US .the other thing is buying one from here and not getting ripped offso if any one knows of a place or some one where we can get a couple ofgood reliable cars and not sh..t on let me know.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Renting or buying?

Renting: very rarely will you find a place to rent vintage Mustangs. Probably not even worth your time trying to find one.

Buying: just for the trip? I'd advise you not to. First, whatever you buy may not be reliable right away. Secondly, how will you get rid of it after your trip? Take it home to New Zealand? Sell it? Both will either cost time or money.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Midlife is correct renting may not be possible. But I suggest you contact PonyDoc (VMF ID) who is heading up the drive and he may be able to find one that you could purchase.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Midlife , you are probably right but it seems like i ran across a web site a yr ago and it was about an outfit working on doing the classic car rentals ?
I don't remember much about the issue except that they were specificly going into the mustang car rental business, it probably never got off the ground. yes thought I would meation it. ::

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Ford dealers often rent cars from their rental fleet (when they have them) including Mustangs. Of course these are late model ponys, not classics. These a premium rentals costing $50-$80 day and usually have a mileage restriction.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd let ya take turns with me driving my mustang for 5000 US dollars. ::
-Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts