Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am a one month old first time vintage any kind of car owner and first time vinage mustang forum writer. i am nervous. well anyway i have a 66 mustang convertible that i am converting to pony interior. i have purchased the door courtesy lamps but i do not know how to instal them. i am aware that you need to cut them into the door but not exactly where. how do you run the wire and what are the wire connections. is there a how to article in a magazine. please help thanks

G

·
There will be a dimple on the door and the door jamb area to drill the holes. Unfortunately, you really need to remove the fenders to make the holes properly. The hole size is about 3/4" in diameter.

Personally, I would not cut holes in the doors for the lights as you or a future owner may decide to return the car like it originally was built.

·
Registered
887 Posts
You might want to drill a test hole in some scrap sheet metal and test fit and or measure your harness before you drill the door and post.

I just added this option with some reproduction harnesses in a 65 and the hole for the rubber grommet was only 5/8"

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Here's something I found hope it helps. Link Hey Welcome to the VMF, don't hesitate to ask for help, great folks here always willing to help. Post some pics when you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts