Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who gave up on my botched attempt to show this on the forum yesterday, here's that 6 shot panorama of the 265 Stangs & 18 other cars staged for our Pony Trails cruise on Friday. The drivers are all gathered up front while Jeff Ford (red shirt on the center platform) was imparting words of wisdom during the driver meeting. Click on the pic for the full size version (warning: HUGE). MANY thanks to KKETELL for hosting this monstrosity for me.
http://www.kkpony.com/thumbs/roundup.jpg
Now here's the story: I volunteered to park all those cars. I was down on the oval track running back and forth placing each car in it's appropriate spot on ever-increasing semi-circles. A professional photographer with a slick panorama camera was brought in to create a picture. This guy was a bit tempermental. After I got the first 30 or so cars parked, he says "um ... that first row of cars needs to move in a couple feet and the back row needs to move out". So I tell them to stop the flow of cars while I round up the drivers and get them to move the cars. The flow starts again, all is going well, another 40 or so parked, when the photographer says "Stop the cars, it's all wrong, we need these cars there and those cars here ..." . I'm getting screaming from the walkie talkie saying "get these cars moving, we're causing a massive backup in town". Finally I calmed the photographer down, got the cars flowing again and got them parked. Amazing thing is we pretty much exactly filled that inner oval. If another handful of cars came in I had no place to put them!

Anyway, all worked out well, and the photographers panorama pic was gorgeous. He was selling copies at the show today for $30. I'm sunburned and exhausted, I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Yes, Dan, I understand about the sunburned and tired part, but where in the heck are the "good" pictures from Round Up today? By the way, it was good to finally meet everyone from the VMF who attended! When is the next show?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
2003! These things are too big a blow to my ego. Surrounded by all those beautiful stangs, the vast majority of which are NOT drivers, makes Shari look like a POS. Not fair. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

But it was kinda fun being parked next to "64 Pony", and down the row from "65 Pony"

Steve

·
Registered
771 Posts
thats alot of nice looking cars! but i dont seem to see any cobra 2's and king cobras *g* and i saw a couple cars that didnt belong there liek a jeep and a lightining truck in the wayyyy back

·
Registered
578 Posts
Next show is this Saturday at Port Orchard. Also August 17 or 18 is the Bowen Scarff show, free registrationb free shirt and free food can't beat that.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Very cool photo - definitely worth the load time.

Next time, I suggest you park them in order, sorted by year, then by color, just to keep things interesting! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif JUST KIDDING, of course! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Maybe just by color, for a spectrum of Mustangs? That would be cool!

Steve

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There were a handful of M2's there, including a King Cobra with a Boss 302 under the hood. As far as the other assorted Fords go, there were 20 or so oddballs on the cruise. Mostly Cougars, but also a couple Lightenengs, the Bronco, and possibly a Focus or two (Focii?). It's a MUSTANG cruise, but we hate to be rude and turn these Ford enthusiasts away.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to make that Port Orchard show, I understand the setting on the waterfront is gorgeous, but I just got done screwing off all weekend, I'm out on a biz trip most of this week, so next weekend is honey-do's (gotta balance Stanging with marriage!).

Vince, sorry we didn't hook up at the show, I was hoping to meet you. I did get a good look at the Boss of yours though, beautiful!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, I think the stress of parking close to 300 cars, screaming walkie talkies and a tempermental photographer took 10 years off my life. Trying to sort them by year/color/body style/whatever would have put me right over the edge!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on the car, as usual though I was blanked during the awards ceremony. Kind of hard to compete with trailered concured BOSS (Red one). Second show in a row losing to the red trailer queen car. It's hard enough going against all the "popular" colored BOSSes let alone one that is only driven on and off the trailer. Only solace I can take is Mustang Monthly took some shots of my car that will be in the November issue about BOSS 302's

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Hey Vince, I live by the rule that if it didn't drive to the show, it shouldn't be in the show. Know what you mean about being beaten out, the Mach that my shop did last year should have won, but it probably wasn't the "right" color. Your Boss looked fantastic, glad MM took notice of it (as they should).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts