1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
247 Posts
Man, I almost cried. That vert got hit and hit hard, hope the peeps in the car are ok. Btw, did anyone notice the seller has the same car listed in three different listings? I guess he didn't quite know how to list or wanted to make sure it was seen and doesn't mind all the extra fees.

Oscar

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
you know there was substantial impact when it breaks the transmission housing

http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!CD5JBow!mk~$(KGrHqF,!hkE0fmTnwPNBNQGJ2Pwgg~~_12.JPG

·
Registered
528 Posts
The spear o matic only does that on a good direct front hit, this looks more like a side hit in the front.

I think it might be overpriced by $1700 or so as I do not see a lot of value in what is left. By the time you transport any distance you start cutting to much into any profits.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Glad I wasn't the only one that did a double-take. $1800 for the first bid?!? That's a waste of a listing fee and time right there.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
he should strip it down and sell the parts individualy. i think he would probably get more if he took all the parts out cleaned them up and sold them. he would also get a scrap price for whats left of the car.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Doesn't seem to know if it's a 66 (the ad listing) or 65...the huge block letter description.
Looks like 66 to me!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'd say this guy is crazy with that price, but after seeing that 67' "Shelby" sell for 21k, nothing would surprise me.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Believe that car was posted a couple years back.
Ditto. I seem to remember it too. Great example of why a vintage Mustang (or any vintage car for that matter) is not a good choice from a safety standpoint as a daily driver. A modern car would take the same hit and not have near the structural damage that Mustang had.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was at Borders library, I mean book store, and they had a book Wrecks through time (or something like that). They had lots of pictures of wrecks from each decade.

Some of those big old 50's really left a trail of parts. Do not worry, there were several Mustangs in the 60's that were well mangled and tore apart.

There is a reason why my wife is driving a 94 Mercedes wagon with the kids in it. The car is cheap to keep (yes I said cheap) and if an accident happens I expect the car to gives it life for my family to walk away. I am driving a 94 C220. It is comfortable and gives 30 MPG. The 220 is a real low cost car. Both cars are likely to rust out long before the engines give out. Mine 220 is the low mileage car with 120K, my wifes car has 280k.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts