Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a pop coming for the steering buy only when I turn to the passager side. I can feel the pop in the steering wheel it is so bad. I have traced it back to the control valave because with the car off it is fine when I turn to the drivers side but when I turn to the passager I can hear gurgling from the control valve and I little fluid comes out where the valve screws onto the tie rod (the car is a 68 302). I just rebuild the valve around christmas time and have only put about 1,000 mile on it since. Any ideas what I may have messed up?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Im sorry, could you translate that for us?
no need to translate
if i am understanding you right when you make a turn to the right while driveing you hear a pop and you feel it in the steering wheel but when turning to the left no pop.
I to rebuilt mine too. and followed the instruction to the letter and i am getting the same pop. your going to get some reponses like tie rods, ball joints stuff like that but thats not the problem maybe someone who had the same problem withh answer with the fix
chris

·
Registered
271 Posts
Im a little new at this, but from the sound of it, it COULD be a crack it the frame around the steering box area.Mabey have someone turn the wheel and check the frame for any cracking around that area. Someone probobly makes a bolt on or weld on repair kit for that,jake :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Im a little new at this, but from the sound of it, it COULD be a crack it the frame around the steering box area.Mabey have someone turn the wheel and check the frame for any cracking around that area. Someone probobly makes a bolt on or weld on repair kit for that,jake :)
Just hope is isnt that :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not the frame I am sure it is in the control valve. I think it might have to do with the part that you advance down and then pin in place, possible too tight or too loose? All my ball joints, tie rod, bushings, etc are new so it is not there. I know it is not the steering box because no matter if I loosen or tighten the box I still get that damn pop. The fuild is some how going past the ball valve and out but how I don`t know? Maybe it is some thing with the main plunger?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts