Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished POR15 on the area where the w/wiper motor goes.(Cowl???) Did the whole area, around the air intake "hat",the hat it's self, down all the way to the bottom of the area,on the side of the car, where it has a drain hole buy the frame rail, both sides. Used acid brushs, to get it waaaay down there, I cut two brush heads off, crushed the end about 1 inch, jamed it up into the end of the first brush and duct taped it together. Also helped to bend the first brush head about 30 degrees. After my last order, I have just about every part to put this beast together, except engine and tranny. Oh yeah, also POR15 the rear end housing which is totaly empty. I just had it "vatted" out, so it was spotless. Did the brake backing plates, the shock/ spring plate also. As the rear end will see little sun, didn't do the topcoat thing that POR15 recommends for items that will see the sun. Did do the two coats though.
I do have an idea that someone may already make, but it would be a good one. Someone needs to make a little button type of thing that would connect to about a 1/4 inch rubber hose. This "button thing" would spray a liquid in a 360 degree pattern in a 90 degree angle from the hose. That way you could insert it into tight places, like rocker boxes, torque boxes, etc, etc. In the case of rocker boxes, you could insert it from one end, push it to the other end. Then while withdrawing it, squirt your favorite rust inhibiter, like POR15. What do you think??? Oh well..........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts