Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 3 pinholes in my toeboard and it has also developed a "soft" area about 8"x8". Was going to replace the toeboard but am wondering if it would be ok to POR-15 it instead? Thanks

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
I'd replace the soft area with new metal. IMHO it's not worth it to replace the whole toe board, especially if the problem area is readily accessible.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much does Napa sell a toeboard for?!?! Now I might be trying to get out of a little work..............

G

·
Sorry Napa doesnt sell toe boards...but I can get por15. I wonder if you offered Dave Sanborn a case of beer, 2 packs of smokes and a large pizza if he would do it for you?

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well.................I did go check out a car for him. Where's he at when you need him? Of course after he gets done I'll have a passenger side toeboard that is gray with two black stripes!!!

(If you read this Dave, I couldn't resist)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd like to subscribe to this thread... but I'm afraid folks will think I did so b/cos of napaguy's "jello shooter" comment above.

As long as we are clear that is NOT why I'm interested (it's because I've got a similar problem with my driver and passenger toeboards).

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They only do that down in the Eastern part of the state. You know, they're a little "off". Bengoshi, you had me worried there a little! It sounds like toeboard replacement is the way to go. I would love to hear something different (yet honest) but oh well.

G

·
In all seriousness just replace the metal. IMHO that is quite a large soft spot and I am betting it is even bigger when you get started. IIRC the toe board is like 23 bucks plus shipping.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts