Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm skipping work tomorrow to go. All the good stuff will be gone by the weekend (or so I am telling my wife to justify the day at the swap meet.)

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Ill be there Sat. with some friends from school. I will stop my your stall 4280 Im looking forward to it. Who else will be there Sat?
The boy and I will be down there Saturday. He's got a double header (baseball) tomorrow, otherwise we'd be down first thing in the morning. We'll see you Saturday.

Got anything good this year Troy?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Man, my feet hurt.
LOL! Mine too. I missed 4280's stall though. I found 6161 - 6164 at PIR and the guys there didn't know who/what I was talking about so then I figured out 4280's stall is at the Expo center which I only hit lightly the day before. Not a lot of Mustang parts at any rate. Got an insert for my gas cap and a side marker light. Found a decent turn signal hood but it was gone when I went back to buy it so maybe next year!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I drug my friends from college along. They didn't have nearly as much fun as me lol. But I had a great time saw plenty of cool cars (lots of shelby clones) and met 4280. Good day

·
Registered
237 Posts
Too much Chev stuff. Where were all the Mustang bits??? I spent nearly the full 12 hours there on Friday. Saw everything at both venues... twice! Met BossBill at PIR. Missed 4280 somehow. After all of that, I spent more money on parking, admission and hot dogs than on car parts! Booo. :( Oh well. I have a lot of other higher priority work on this Mustang that the performance bits I was looking for. Had a good time overall but didn't bother going back Saturday. Just worked on my car instead!

JACK

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Bought all my stuff on Saturday after walking 6 hours on Friday . Saturday I spent another 6 hours between the 2 swap meets .
I was surprised by how large the PIR swap meet was this year . I think it was the largest in the 9 times I've been there . Saw a fair bit of Mustang parts at the track .

Bought an Edelbrock new aluminum water pump for early 289/302 for $40

Motorsports new aluminum pulley set for $90

non cracked headlight bucket with new headlight door and adjustable bucket for $35

Also saw a Mexican 302 short block standard bore for $350 ...pointed out by Troy

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Anybody else check out the dark green '66 A-code coupe? All original, pony interior, 4-sp, factory disks, rally-pac, style steel, very clean, looked like a smokin' deal for somebody at $5995. A refreshing change from all of the $4995 cars being offered at $8995. I was tempted by the '61 T-Bird Sports Roadster at $8500, too- looked like all it was missing were the Kelsey Hayes wires, and I don't care if I ever have to clean another one of those.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was hidding from you in plan site at my stall, EXPO! LOL

There was one 69 fastback pictured for sale in a book at my stall. Wish my friend would of brought it. May have sold.

Sold half my stuff, paid for the stalls/room, had a good time. Purchased a 65-66 bench seat with new upholstry for $100.00 sold it for $200.00 Picked up a 69 metal hood with a boss 429 scoop glass onto it. Did not sell , have it for next year. Got an offer on my DT250 motorcycle for $1750.00 , Should of taken it I guess. All in all was nice to see and meet some of the VMF crew. Glad everyone took me up on my offer to leave there parts in my trailer/stall. Hope you all had as good of time as we did.

Stalls already paid for next year.

Troy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am going for my first time ever. Driving down with 16 yo son from Canada. Swap meet and trailblazers vs Houston.

I have heard so much about this meet. Can't wait.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts