Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay can anyone tell me where to install that optional brake porportioning valve. i dont quite understand the installation instructions, since thier not really great in detail.. pictures would help alot if possible.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
There isn't really a set place to put it. Anywhere around thedistribution block is fine. The most important thing is that you are able to get to and turn thr valve when needed. What I did was drill two holes in the firewall just in front of the distribution block, and went to home depot to get some washers and 2 nuts with bolts that would fit. Then I put 2 or 3 washers in between the firewall and the proportioning valve. This lifted it off the firewall just enough that the valve could be easily turned. Then just hook up the brake lines. I have photos if you would like to see them. Feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I mounted mine inside the car on the tunnel next to the shifter. That way, I can adjust the brakes on the fly ;). All you have to do is cut out a section from the brake line and flare each end with a double flaring tool.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts