Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't do off topic posts, but what the heck.

A guy in town here is selling a 1997 GT vert white with borwn top and brown leather interior. He is asking $12500.00 with 80K miles.

A couple of questions? I've never owned a vert. I live in the high deserts of California and todays temperature is 105 degrees. Will I enjoy a vert?

What is the reliablility of the newer Mustangs? I currently have a Honda and I never get taken in maintainance.

I know the price is about right (I can use KBB.com like everyone else) I'm just trying to convince myself to get it.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I would say that sn95 verts are pretty reliable. I bought my '94 gt conv. three months ago with 60k miles and I have all of the maintenance records from '94. Except for oil changes and tires...it has had no problems.

I live in Seattle, our high temp. this summer has been in the low 90's which is still easy to deal with when the top is down, just crank up the AC. I dont know about 105...
When you test drive it, try to do it during the hottest part of the day with the top down and see if you can handle it. Hey, even if it's too hot, the fall is just around the corner in a few months, I'm sure you could still enjoy it with the top down in October.

As long as it checks out maintenance wise...I say BUY it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Mike,

Since I live in the same area and own a 67 vert, I can tell you that you will absolutely enjoy it. I have seen the car you are talking about (or one just like it) and I think it is really sharp. The only problem I have had on hot days is not putting the top up when I leave it in the parking lot with the top down. Things get really hot then. My favorite thing to do is go cruising at night with the top down. Now if I would only find time to get it on the road again./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen the car in a couple of days. I'll go looking in the usual places.

Thanks,

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts