Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I wash my car, I pop the hood and lay a good sized towel on top of the air cleaner and engine because lots of water goes down my hood scoop. Well, I washed the car on Monday, but didn't drive the car until Wednesday, which was only a few miles. I felt a bog in acceleration, which kind of worried me since it didn't have that before.

Yesterday, I drove the car about 20 miles to go to the beach. On the way back to the car, my gf closed the trunk with the keys inside. So I called AAA to come open the car ( I had a spare in my wallet, which was in the car ). As I was walking back to the car, I pretty much dropped dead when I realized I could see the towel I had used through the hood scoop, lol. I popped the hood and sure enough, there was the towel spread out all over my engine compartment. Man, just imagize the hell I would have gone through had the towel got caught in any of the belts, sure glad nothing got damaged. :0)

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Good towels are hard to find. I am glad it survived the incident undamaged.

As atonement I want you to breathe through a straw for 10 minutes and see how you like it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It survived allright, but on the way home I realized that I left it by the curb, hehe. Not a good day for that towel, but I'm sure someone will give it a good home.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I think a coffee stirrer straw would be more appropriate /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Glad no permanent damage was done! Did you lock your girlfriend in the trunk to teach her not to do that again? (It's also good practice in case you get kidnapped!) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Its a close Doofus but sence nothing happend I would say you only qualify, you don't win.

Glad everything came out in the good.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Nothing got broken, and you didn't risk life and limb. So sorry, no, maybe next time /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Great story though, thanks for sharing!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts